Tech 21 Frank Bello Street Driver 48 Signature SansAmp Bass Preamp PedalTech 21
As a New York City kid, Frank Bello spent his early years hanging out on 48th Street, Manhattan’s own historic Music Row. That was where he discovered and bought his first SansAmp. He later picked up the SansAmp Bass Driver, which became the heart of his rig for several decades.
Now, Frank has his own Signature SansAmp, the Street Driver 48.
Frank Bello is known for bringing his own distinct style and energetic passion to Anthrax. He somehow manages to merge complex melodic riffs, not typically associated within that genre, with dizzying speed and accuracy —all while headbanging, romping around the stage, and dashing up to the mic to sing harmonies.
In addition to the specific tones Frank wanted, a major priority was to make the Street Driver 48 simple to operate. He didn’t want a zillion knobs, switches, or gratuitous bells & whistles. He wanted players to be able to get a great sound right out of the box, whether it’s for metal or R&B or prog rock, whether novice or expert, whether young or advanced in years. As an avid supporter of Little Kids Rock and New York City school music programs, Frank walks the walk to pay it forward by donating gear and inspiring students in their classrooms.
With each Tech 21 product, the controls are designed to give you the flexibility to obtain your desired sound. It is our hope that the Frank Bello Street Driver 48 Signature SansAmp will be a useful tool for stimulating your creativity and, ultimately, providing the inspiration to play your best.
- DRIVE: Adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive.
- LOW, HIGH: Active tone controls that cut or boost from 12 o’clock.
- LEVEL: Adjusts the output level without altering any of the tonal characteristics.
- DIRT SWITCH: Adds extra gain and overdrive for over-the-top nastiness!
- FILTH SWITCH: Adds top-end sizzle and razor edge clarity to emphasize your attack.
- SPEAKER SIMULATION: The all-analog SansAmp Tube Amplifier Emulation technology encompasses the entire signal chain, from pre-amp to power amp to speaker simulation. An integral part of the circuitry, the SansAmp speaker simulation will complement any type of bass speaker cabinet system. You can also place an external IR after a SansAmp to give additional flavor if you so desire. The SansAmp speaker sim is designed and individually tailored for a smooth, even response as would be achieved by a multiply-miked cabinet –without peaks, valleys, and notches associated with single miking and many IRs.
- As a stompbox with an amp
- As a pre-amp to drive a power amp
- Direct to a mixer of a PA
- Record direct to your computer
- 1/4-inch 1megOhm instrument level input
- 1/4-inch unbalanced low Z universal output
- Balanced low Z XLR output with ground connect switch
- Rugged, all-metal housing
- Metal knobs, footswitches and jacks
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
- Measures 3.75”w x 4.75”h x 2”d
- Utilizes included 9V DC power supply (Tech 21 Model #DC9), 250mA, 100-240V universal auto-switching power supply with interchangeable international plugs for use anywhere in the world.