Warm Audio WA-87 R2 Large Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone - UsedWarm Audio
Item was a customer return in excellent like-new condition.
In 2016, we at Warm Audio introduced one of the most talked-about 87-style FET condenser microphones in the industry with the release of the WA-87, and at just $599 USD it made the looks and authentic vintage sonics of this style of mic affordable to customers for the very first time. Simply put, the release of the WA-87 changed the industry’s perception of what could be achieved at an affordable price.
Based on classic 60s circuitry, the WA-87’s rich sound became a favorite of countless producers, engineers, and home recordists everywhere. It was our first microphone and a verifiable hit, and in recent years we’ve followed it with many other successful and ground-breaking designs.
Since the release of the WA-87 in 2016 we’ve learned a bunch more about microphone manufacturing, and we’ve proven that we can shatter the industry’s quality expectations at affordable prices. That experience drove us to see if we could improve the WA-87 in tangible ways without having to raise the price, and the result is the new WA-87 R2 (Revision 2). We’ve used everything we’ve learned about recreating vintage microphones in the last five years to bring it even closer to the sound, vibe and performance of the original 60s classic we all know and love. We’re ecstatic to bring you the result – in short, the new WA-87 R2 is bigger, bolder and just plain better!
- LARGE DIAPHRAGM STUDIO CONDENSER MICROPHONE, WITH A FAITHFUL REPRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL VINTAGE 87-STYLE CIRCUIT
- ALL DISCRETE PREMIUM COMPONENTS, INCLUDING A NOS FAIRCHILD TRANSISTOR AND WIMA/NICHICON CAPACITORS
- CUSTOM CINEMAG USA OUTPUT TRANSFORMER
- WA-87-B-50V CAPSULE—REPRODUCTION OF CLASSIC DUAL BACKPLATE (FOUR-WIRE TERMINATION) K87 CAPSULE
- NICKEL-PLATED BRASS BODY
- THREE POLAR PATTERNS: CARDIOID, FIGURE-OF-EIGHT, AND OMNIDIRECTIONAL
- -10DB PAD AND 80HZ HIGH PASS FILTER
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20HZ – 20KHZ
- SPL: .5% THD @ 125DB (WITHOUT PAD), 132DB
- DIAPHRAGM: 6-MICRON THICKNESS, GOLD-SPUTTERED MEMBRANE, NOS MYLAR (PET FILM)
- NOISE: -117DB
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: WOODEN STORAGE CASE, HARD MOUNT, AND SHOCK MOUNT. (OPTIONAL FLIGHT CASE AVAILABLE)
- WEIGHT (FULLY BOXED): 6.5 LBS / 3 KG
- COLOR: AVAILABLE IN NICKEL OR BLACK FINISH